Education and Professional Development

Join the ANZPID Forum

An online discussion forum is available for ANZPID members since October 2016. The Forum is used to disseminate updates and members can make their own posts and hold Ozbug-style conversations. Click HERE to access the Forum.

Courses in Paediatric ID

Infection and Immunity in Children, Oxford, UK - occurs every year in June

Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Oxford University

How do I specialise in Paediatric ID in Australia and New Zealand?

Advanced trainee
The website of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) has full details at this link.

Overseas trainee
If you have not finished your training you will be required to pass the RACP exam. Beyond that it depends on how much and what training you have done overseas. You can enquire with the ID education officers in Australia or New Zealand for more information. Their details are available at this link.

Overseas Trained physician (OTP)

If you have finished your training in your own country, you will be required to go through an extensive (and expensive!) process called the Specialist Pathway involving both the Australian Medical Council (AMC) and the RACP. The intent is to ensure that the training and standard of practice are substantially comparable to Australian and New Zealand training. More information is available on the RACP website at this link.