Benefits of Membership
- Be part of the premiere Australasian group dedicated to the understanding and practice of infectious diseases medicine
- Take part in special interest groups on paediatric infectious diseases, mycology, viral hepatitis and/or hospital infection control
- Be eligible to apply for ASID scholarships and awards
- Access the regular ASID e bulletins
- Discounted registration to the ASID annual scientific meeting
- Access members-only pages on the ASID website including a journal club, news feed, photo quizzes, photo gallery and an archive of annual conference abstracts, presentations and posters
There are three categories of membership:
Full membership applies to medical practitioners of sufficient attainment in the opinion of ASID Council, having regard to his/her contributions to the field of infectious diseases as represented by publications or as described by nominators, to further the aims of the Society; or to those otherwise recommended for membership by Council in recognition of meritorious contribution to the aims of the Society. Full members have voting rights.
Associate membership shall apply to non-medically qualified applicants who are not otherwise considered eligible for full membership or medical graduates undergoing advanced training in Infectious Diseases or Microbiology or other individuals at the discretion of Council. Associate members do not have voting rights.
Honorary life membership is granted by ASID Council in recognition of individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the understanding or practice of infectious diseases.
To apply to become an ASID member, please click here.
The ASID constitution is available for download on the About Us page.