ASID New Zealand Sub-Committee Advanced Trainee Travel Grant
- NZ-based advanced trainee in advanced Infectious Diseases (RACP) or Microbiology (RCPA)
- Current member of ASID
- Has not previously been awarded an ASID (NZ) advanced trainee travel grant.
Award includes travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend any national or international meeting up to the value of $3000 – reimbursement by ASID (NZ) on production of original receipts. The advanced trainee does not necessarily have to present anything at that conference.
Awarded for the best oral presentation by an advanced trainee at the ASID-NZ annual ID/Micro meeting. The judges will consider:
- Topic interest to the audience
- Scientific merit of methodology (if relevant)
- Personal contribution to data collected, investigation of case(s), literature review etc.
- Impact and value of results and information presented
- Local or international applicability
- Effort made in collecting data and preparing talk
- Speaking clearly
- Good use of slides (well organised, good summary, acknowledgements, easy to read, appropriate use of graphs and images etc.)
- Involvement of audience when appropriate (posing questions, inviting experts to comment)
- Answering questions well
- Good use of time.
The award recipient will be decided by a panel of at least three judges who are attendees at the annual meeting. Supervisors of applicants cannot be judges. The successful applicant will be announced at the conclusion of the ASID (NZ) annual scientific meeting. Following the conference they have attended using the ASID travel grant, the successful applicant should provide a brief report to the organiser (or could be chair of NZ ASID) of the particular learnings and how this is shared with colleagues on their return.
If you wish to be considered for this travel grant, please notify the annual meeting organiser when submitting your title and abstract.
Click here to view a full list of ASID awards.
Winner - 2012 Award - Dr Michael Maze